TERMS OF SERVICE
You know, the boring stuff
SERVICES & PAYMENT
• All services provided are as stated on the website
• If you are a new client payment will be taken upfront before any service has taken place. For current clients, you may be invoiced before or after the service has taken place
• Payment is currently taken via BACS transfer or Stripe online payment.
• Coaching Sessions or Training Walks (for behaviour concerns) will need an Assessment in order for these services to take place
• Non-payment will be sent to collections after 2 attempts to contact you have been made
• A refund will not be issued for any services which you decide to cancel without informing us
• Missed classes are not eligible for a refund, however, we will always try to reschedule these with you if suitable
• For any service which has been confirmed and booked into the diary you will be required to pay 50% for cancelling within 24 hours of your session unless I can book that space with another client. Please understand that often we are booked for 1.5-2 weeks so your cancellation could have been taken by another client in the diary if you give us time to do so
• For courses we do not offer refunds if you have already started, this is as our courses are set with limited spaces. Your space could have been taken up by someone else, therefore if you decide to cancel the spot will need to remain empty
• For our puppy courses, once you have been added to the R+Puppies Private group or received your welcome pack, but have not attended a class we will offer an 80% refund. A lot of work has gone into the pre-course information and this is yours to keep. You may also stay in the group, if you wish.
• In extreme unforeseen circumstances, you will not be charged the 50% less than 24-hour cancellation fee, but please make us aware of any issues ASAP
• If you are an in-person client and ill we can move your physical session to a virtual session – if this is suitable
• All data is kept confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998)
• All content which we supply to you as our client is not to be shared, distributed or copied
• No sharing or copying of information is allowed without appropriate permission
• No posting of negative/slandering posts, being a small business owner, this can be detrimental to my livelihood, all concerns must be addressed to me first
• No copying or use of the R+Dogs or The K9 Academy (previous business name) logo can be used without permission in accordance with copyright law
• I do take photographs and videos to use on my business social media platforms, I will ask permission before posting.
ONLINE SERVICES DISCLAIMER
Use of our online training course and virtual consultations carries with it risks that we cannot entirely eliminate. These include the risk of personal injury.
When participating you are doing so at your own risk
You must act responsibly and sensibly at all time
You must not participate if you are a child who is unaccompanied by an adult or under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs
You must follow any safety warning or instruction given to you by your dog trainer or contained in the course material please ask your trainer if you are unclear
We are not qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate in the online training course. You must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor before participating or avoid any activities if you have any current health concerns, injuries or aches and pains.
Please use a suitable non-slip flooring during training
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, participation in the training course or consultation is entirely at your own risk.
Virtual training sessions may be recorded and these recordings retained for a minimum of 36 months, as requested by Protectivity insurance.
Disclaimer for personal injury or death (use of equipment)
You are responsible for using equipment in a reasonable condition that meets product safety standard and as directed in the training materials provided in your area. You must behave sensibly, use the equipment as intended and follow any safety instruction so as not to hurt or injure yourself, your dog or others.
Disclaimer for loss or damage of property
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, we are not responsible for any damage, destruction or loss of your property while using our training materials.
Disclaimer for dog behaviour
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, we are not responsible for any loss or injury arising from an act or omission by you or your dog, This includes but is not limited to:
Circumstances where your dog attacks you as the owner, another person or another dog and;
Veterinary bills for any injury caused to your dog or a third parties dog as a result of using the training course
Medical bills for any injury caused to you or third parties as a result of using the training course
IT IS IMPORTANT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS STATEMENT BEFORE ACCEPTING ANY VIRTUAL SERVICES. IF THERE IS ANY TERM THAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THEN PLEASE DISCUSS IT WITH ME.